LANSA Commerce Edition
LANSA Commerce Edition adds customer self-service to your existing ERP system without duplication or replication of business rules, pricing, or data. It is a suite of Business-to-Consumer (B2C) and Business-to-Business (B2B) components built upon LANSA's powerful, award-winning productivity tools. Using a framework approach, LANSA Commerce Edition rapidly generates IBM i (System i, iSeries, AS/400) and Windows eBusiness applications which leverage your existing ERP system. The eBusiness applications integrate with existing logic such as pricing and inventory allocation with real-time data access to provide award winning customer self service to your business partners and users.
Easily configurable B2C and B2B eCommerce solution
LANSA Commerce Edition is a component-based solution that allows you to choose the specific functionality you want to deploy within your B2C or B2B Web site today with the ability to enable additional functionality when required in the future. These components provide a core set of standard business rules and definitions that can be reused across multiple Web applications to specifically meet the requirements of your user community. Further, the multi-storefront feature can enable a single implementation of LANSA Commerce Edition to support multiple and distinct looks and feels, storefront branding and domains for B2B and B2C users.
LANSA Commerce Edition is designed to integrate with existing ERP systems, running natively on the same system, or as a stand-alone or a hosted application. Its unique design was engineered to be ERP system agnostic; while at the same-time have direct integration via APIs and native database access.
LANSA Commerce Edition has been successfully installed over the following ERPs:
|JD Edwards||BPCS||Daly.Commerce||Friedman and Associates|
|IMAS||Infor||ASW||LANSA ERP Frameworks|
LANSA has extensive experience working with a diverse audience of users.
B2C sites using LANSA Commerce Edition include:
Additional sites using LANSA Commerce Edition include:
Customizing your B2C and B2B eCommerce solution is easy
LANSA Commerce Edition generates application components into LANSA’s Business Object Repository using LANSA’s development tools. LANSA is renowned for its short learning curve and rapid development capability, which allows you to easily configure your eBusiness solution to meet the needs of your business today and into the future.
In addition to providing pre-built B2C and B2B components, LANSA’s B2C and B2B eCommerce solution shields you from all the underlying generated languages needed to deploy your eBusiness application – which may include RPG, C++, XSL, HTML, DHTML and XML. Use LANSA’s powerful development tools to configure and maintain your site and you won’t have to spend time learning and coding each of these languages with their lower level complexity. There is simply no faster or more productive way to extend your ERP system to the Web, while ensuring your applications stay current with new technologies.
Inherit best-of-breed design approaches
The functions that are generated with LANSA’s B2C and B2B eCommerce solution leverage our experience in building thousands of eBusiness sites for customers worldwide. By incorporating best-of-breed design from some of the top business Web sites in the world, LANSA lets you inherit these design approaches. Learning to design applications to best address your customers’ Web expectations is a challenge that faces many companies and LANSA Commerce Edition can help you exceed their expectations.
Virtually every commerce application needs an order entry function – whether for products or services – that handles choosing the item to be ordered, displaying the price, entering the quantity, validating the order and a whole host of other tasks involved in an eCommerce transaction. Instead of defining each of these functions for every project, LANSA’s B2C and B2B eCommerce solution provides a proven single Order Entry component that completes all of the necessary steps. For instance, LANSA automatically passes the required parameters to the ERP’s Advanced Pricing module and receives the pricing and break points specific to that user. LANSA also accesses real-time information such as inventory and account history to provide immediate up-to-date information to the user. Whether you’re running your ERP without modifications or it has been heavily customized, LANSA allows easy integration with this data and extends it with B2C and B2B functionality using these pre-built components.
Security is critical as your data and business processes are the lifeblood of your company. Implementations of LANSA’s B2C and B2B eCommerce solution supports a multi-tiered security model, where the browser-based user never directly accesses your production server. The user communicates with a front-end Web server (that may or may not sit in a DMZ), which then passes the request to the production server for processing. When the custom result set is generated, this information is passed back to the Web server for presentation to the user. This specific connection between these servers is terminated and the Web server awaits the next request. Your ERP system and production server are never exposed directly to the Internet. This is a proven model that LANSA has implemented at heavily regulated financial institutions and thousands of companies worldwide.
Credit Card Data
In addition to the multi-tiered security model described above, LANSA adheres to conformance within a PCI DSS compliant environment – using appropriate SSL security to ensure data encryption during transmission, avoiding any local storage of cardholder data and integrating with accredited payment gateways.
e-Commerce - Storefront
Core Storefront Features
- Multi-Tenant – A single implementation of LANSA Commerce Edition can support multiple and distinct looks and feels, storefront branding and domains for B2B and B2C users.
- Omni-Channel – All storefront capabilities are available across multiple devices - desktop, tablet, phone and can also integrate directly with information such as customer preferences, buying patterns, promotions, availability and pricing for a seamless user experience.
- Multi-Lingual – All storefronts are delivered over an architecture that allows for dynamic management of all web page content, captions, messages, labels supporting multiple languages and locales.
- Multi-currency – Support for multi-currency via locales including currency symbols and thousands separators.
- Integration with Core Systems – Information presented to users is sourced via real time access from core systems such as CRM, ERP, Order Processing, Warehouse Management, e-Catalog to enable dynamic customer information, pricing, availability, order status, invoicing, payments and shipping.
- Integration with Punch Out Catalogues – Integrates with any e-procurement or supplier network that requires the standard Punch Out protocols i.e. cXML messaging for the Ariba Supplier Network or OCI (Open Catalog Interface) mapping for SAP OCI.
- Search – Utilizing best of breed search engines all storefronts enable rapid searching across both product and rich content information (PDF, DOC, XLS etc.) available on site pages. Support for aliases, type ahead, suggestions and relevance provide confidence that customers will find what they are looking for effectively.
- Content Management – Marketing and Sales initiatives can be delivered via robust support for content maintenance across the site. Content can include, HTML, media (video, audio), collateral in PDF, Word etc. Capability for blending core system information with content supplied and controlled by Marketing to leverage the relevant information at any time on a storefront page.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Site supports industry standards for Web design (i.e. friendly links, site map, product-defined URLs, etc.) for compliance with web crawlers.
- SSL Security – LANSA Commerce Edition supports the use of SSL TLS 1.2.
- Product Catalog – Catalog browsing via typical category, subcategory menus to enable customers to drill down to find products within the catalog.
- Faceted Searching – Within Catalogs users can utilize faceted searching by product attribute to filter the product list.
- Personal Catalog – Allows your customer to establish a favourites list to save time locating commonly viewed/ordered items.
- Quick Order Entry – Heads down entry of item and quantity. Allows entry of both manufacturer’s item number and customer cross reference item number.
- Import/Upload Orders – This feature allows users to import CSV, TSV, or Excel with order details from their PC into the Quick Order Entry file to save time on entry.
- Save Carts – Storefront users are able to save and name a shopping cart for future use.
- Order Guides – The business is able to establish and name a collection of products such as specials, sale items, new introductions, promotions into Order Guides for presentation on the site.
- Wish List Registry – Create a wish list(s) of products and publish it to your friends and family. Allows other users to visit the site, view items in your registry and purchase items – and sends the original user an email.
- Breadcrumbs – Enables ease of navigation between different levels.
Product Detail Features
- Customer Specific Real-time Pricing – Pricing based on direct integration to core system. Immediate access to contract pricing, price changes, specials and quote pricing.
- Stock Availability – Configurable to show exact number, minimum number threshold, or Yes/No availability.
- Related Products –Companion items, cross - and up-sell products can be displayed on the page to encourage further shopping.
- Recently Viewed – Keeps a running list of the products last viewed for easy return navigation, saving the user from having to search multiple times.
- Add to Personal Catalog/Wish List – Allows storefront users to create a Personal Catalog or Wish List.
- Share via Social Networking – Integrated to share with social media sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter etc.
- Product Display – Capabilities to tune how product detail and list pages should display, including product comparison and product view preferences.
- Extendible Attributes/Media – Product content including descriptions, pricing, or inventory is sourced directly from core systems. This information needs to be supplemented with rich content such as extended description, images, warranty, specifications etc. LANSA Commerce Edition enables the management of product-specific rich content via extendible attributes.
- Custom Products – Extended capability to build custom products based on a bill of materials as defined via integration with core system configuration engines.
View Cart/Check Out Features
- Pending Carts – In a B2B storefront - support for multiple named pending carts to exist. Users are able review and activate pending orders as required. This can also be used in combination with the Quote Module to enable special pricing on specific carts.
- Cart Maintenance – On viewing the shopping cart users are able to update quantities, remove items and are also presented with cross-sell and up-sell items for additional purchase.
- Saved Shopping Cart or Order Templates – The current Shopping Cart can be saved for use in subsequent visits to the storefront, or as a repeatable order template.
- Cart to Quote – Extended capability to create quotes from carts and store them on the Web site. Quotes requests are routed to Sales/CSR for action.
- Flexible Checkout User Interface – LANSA Commerce Edition supports both intuitive multiple- and single-step checkout user interfaces.
- Ship-To Selection or Drop Ship – Support for access to Ship-To details from core systems, user nominated shipping address and drop ship locations.
- Note and Delivery Instructions – Users are able to provide line items notes and delivery instructions on check-out.
- Discounts and Taxation – Shows discount, tax and shipping estimates based on integration to core systems.
- Dynamic Freight Calculation – Calculates shipping costs in real-time based on product weight, shipping location and destination using UPS, FedEx web services or integration with the core systems.
- Customer Configured Shipping – Support also exists for Shipping calculations based on flat rate shipping, free shipping, or table-based rate schedules.
- Purchase Orders – Provides support for purchase order based check-out for B2B customers.
- Credit Card Ordering – Allows integration with your credit card authorization and settlement routines including Authorize.net, Paypal, Moneris, etc. LANSA Commerce Edition provides a shipped interface to Authorize.net.
- Order Checkout & Confirmation – Allows review/completion of order and calculation of total order cost. Orders are processed directly through core order processing system and an order confirmation and order number are immediately available for future reference. All order confirmation can be presented to the end user as a standard Web page, as printer-friendly representation or via email.
- Support for Saved Credit Card/Tokenization – For offline payments or delayed settlement upon shipping.
- B2B Buyer Approval – Extended capability to allow for a B2B customer to shop on the site, but not actually place the order. When the order is submitted, an email is sent to a designated buyer’s approval-user for order review and placement.
User Self–Service Features
- Profile Management – Provides the ability for users to manage their own profile/preferences or to create accounts and maintain sub-accounts via the use of “super” user functionality.
- Order Status Inquiry – Integration with the core Order Processing system gives customers real-time access to their order status details. This can show all orders placed by the customer (fax, catalog, phone, EDI, etc.), not just orders placed on the Web.
- Shipment Tracking – Capability to integrate with the warehouse core system to provide shipment tracking numbers with “PunchOut” to the carriers of your choice that support Web-based tracking for their customers (i.e., FedEx or UPS).
- Account Inquiry – This is a three level drill down that allows a customer to view their account summary information, Open Item details (A/R), as well as recreate a specific invoice online, if needed. This feature is valuable in reconciling payment issues.
- Invoice Payment – Extended capability to allow for the payment of invoices from the Invoice page using a credit card. The payment is authorized and settled immediately with integration to the Accounts Receivables core system.
- Address Book – Consumers can maintain a personal list of names and addresses of people (relatives, employees, etc.) for whom they often purchase products.
- Default Shipping and Billing Addresses – The ability to define default shipping and billing addresses for online accounts.
Customer Service Features
- B2C and B2B Registration – Users are able to Register as a new user to the storefront. Registration can be automatic or routed to Customer Service for confirmation.
- Customer Service Access – CSR and other internal users are able to “impersonate” a user to adopt a user’s site view. This enables easy support to customers requiring assistance.
- Contact Us/Feedback – Contact Us and feedback can be established on pages within the Storefront. The system allows for the intelligent routing of the contact/feedback to departments/divisions within your organization.
Core Administration Features
- Administration Site – A separate secured site for maintenance of storefronts, Categories, Products, Content, Multi-lingual information and code tables and files.
- Storefront Administration – The ability to create and maintain storefronts and storefront type (B2B or B2C), locale data, domains, CSS style references that relate to that storefront.
- Categorization Administration – The ability to configure and define multi-layered product categorization as well as grouping items based on different product types/brands or logical groupings.
- Product Administration – The ability to add and update products shown on the site, their attributes, categorization. Support for product specific content such as warranties, spec sheets, videos etc. to support the sale of the item.
- Menu Administration – The ability to define and maintain left and top menu components within the storefront.
- Roles-based Permissions – Restrict access roles so that users only access the menu items relevant to their role and store.
- Meta Tags and Sitemaps – Administration interface enables the maintenance of Meta tags across pages and product based pages as well as the ability to create site maps for submission to Google.
- Search Parameters – Support for the maintenance of search aliases and search relevance parameters to improve the search results experience for the end users.
Content Management Features
- Web Page Content – Using LANSA Commerce Edition’s content management tools, administration users are able to define dynamic content based on categories, sub- categories, catalog items, promotions and deals, contact us, FAQ, about us and informational page content.
- Email Templates – Using LANSA Commerce Edition’s content management tools, administration users can create, view and update email templates utilized for transactional (Order Confirmation for example) and non-transactional activities.
- Multilingual Content Support – Web site content can be administered from a central marketing unit or distributed to the marketing arm in different countries to define content in the language and norms of their individual nations.
- Page Visualization – All pages in the site utilize the Bootstrap responsive template. Customization of site CSS codes can be done to change the sites color, look and feel.
International Support Features
- Multilingual Administration – Allows translators to directly update multi-lingual site data, labels and messages for all site languages.
Marketing Promotion and Tools
- Intelligent Emailing – Allows for inbound RFI/RFQ, email confirmations, reminders, notifications and newsletter campaigns.
- Content Management – The capability to maintain custom content for product categories, item descriptions, marketing messaging, news, events, promotions, programmes, email content and static pages.
- Promotions and Deals – Support for marketing driven promotions and deals via discount triggers (Category, Item, Buying Pattern, Order Value, Order Size). Discounts can be $-values, percentage based, or free gifts. Promotion Codes are also supported.
- Best Sellers – Automated determination of storefront best sellers based on the order history with the ability to override.
- Related Items – This allows for the automation of cross- and up-sell capabilities based on order history, or this can be defined using a flexible table-driven approach.
- Online Survey Engine – Extended feature that enables Q&A-type surveys to be created via the LANSA Commerce Edition admin site, and allows the answers to be mined for reporting purposes.
Analytics and Reporting
- Website Usage – Capability to extend reporting based on customer order activity.
- Google Analytics Integration – All LANSA pages have Google Analytics Integration. Google tracks user navigation and provides robust reporting on user activity to the site. This allows you to make decisions based on how users are accessing your site for more productive implementations.
Other versions also available:
LANSA Commerce Edition runs on IBM PureSystems