LANSA Commerce Edition
for JD Edwards
Harness the Power of the Web to extend your existing JD Edwards ERP applications without duplication or replication of business rules, pricing, or data
LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE is an eCommerce framework that is designed to help you grow your business relationships with customers and trading partners online. The framework is comprised of a suite of Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) eCommerce modules that are built on LANSA's powerful application development platform and tools. These modules allow you to rapidly generate eCommerce applications that integrate with your existing JDE and EnterpriseOne (E1) family of ERP applications. The eCommerce applications integrate with the existing logic in JDE, such as pricing and inventory allocation, and provide real-time data access to deliver award winning customer self service to your business partners and users.
Easily configurable JDE eCommerce solution
LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE is a component-based solution that allows you to choose the specific functionality you want to deploy within your eCommerce Web site today, with the ability to enable additional functionality when required in the future. These components provide a core set of standard business rules and definitions that can be reused across multiple Web applications to specifically meet the requirements of your user community. Further, the multi-storefront feature enables a single implementation of LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE to support multiple and distinct looks and feels, storefront branding and domains for B2B and B2C users.
LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE is designed to integrate with your existing JD Edwards system, running natively on the same system, or as a stand-alone or a hosted application. The eCommerce files are integrated with the JDE files to enforce referential integrity, and to provide one central database for the eCommerce site. As such, our solution accesses enterprise data directly and does not replicate it. Essentially the JD Edwards Item Master and Customer Master files become the basis for a Web Product Catalog, and customer access. Any file maintenance within JDE is immediately reflected in the eCommerce site.
Though the eCommerce solution accesses the enterprise files directly, there are certain touch points where LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE will make use of the JD Edwards processes to leverage any existing routines in the JDE system. This makes the greatest use of the existing business processing, including: pricing, creating orders and customers, inventory availability and taxing and shipping costs. The goal is to leverage the same business logic within LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE as what currently occurs when an order is placed within your current JD Edwards system.
- Executive Dashboard – Provides extended capability to review and configure graphical reports based on Web order activity.
- PDF Generation – Enables a user-defined dynamic PDF catalog generator.
- Web services or Direct M2M Integration – Allows customers to create orders, retrieve pricing, and/or availability and other information in real-time from your system using machine-to-machine (M2M) communication. Data can be sent via email, FTP, HTTP, or SMTP – and can be sent in various formats including CSV, XML, HTTP name pairs, HTML, etc.
- Mobile/wireless capability – Enables direct access from mobile clients to back-end systems, allowing for real-time pricing, promotions, order entry shipment tracking and inventory status.
LANSA has a great deal of experience working with JD Edwards customers. Read the Industry Showcase: Extending JD Edwards is easy with LANSA
B2C sites implementing LANSA Commerce Edition over JD Edwards include:
Additional LANSA Commerce Edition B2B and B2C JD Edwards users include:
LANSA Commerce Edition for JD Edwards (JDE) Features:
- Administration Site – This is a separate secured site for maintenance of the eCommerce tables and files.
- Roles-based Permissions – Restrict access roles so that users only access the menu items relevant to their role and store. Marketing and account executives can visit the storefront or administration sites and be granted limited access to only those areas or accounts that fall under their responsibility.
- Multi-storefront – A single implementation of LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE can support multiple and distinct looks and feels, storefront branding and domains for B2B and B2C users.
- Content Management System – Using LANSA Commerce Edition’s content management tools, administration users are able to define dynamic content based on categories, sub- categories, catalog items, promotions and deals, contact us, about us and informational page content.
- Multilingual Content Support – Web site content can be administered from a central marketing unit or distributed to the marketing arm in different countries to define content in the language and norms of their individual nations.
- Page Visualization – Use of JQuery UI themes to enable changing the storefront look and feel.
- Multilingual Administration – Allows translators to directly update multi-lingual site data, labels and messages for all site languages. Integration with Google Translator allows for dynamic initial translation.
- Multi-currency – Support for multi-currency is available.
Search Engine Optimization
- User Friendly URLs – Typical for B2C sites so users can easily return and bookmark.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Site supports industry standards for Web design (i.e., HREF links, site map, product-defined URLs, etc.) for compliance with Web crawlers.
- Meta Tags and Sitemaps – Administration interface enables the maintenance of Meta tags across pages and product based pages as well as the ability to create site maps for submission to Google.
Marketing Promotion and Tools
- Intelligent Emailing – Allows for RFI/RFQ (inbound) via "Contact us" page as well as pushing out email confirmations after order completion. Also allows for newsletter campaigns.
- Content Management (CM) – The product categories, item descriptions, marketing messaging, email content and static pages are CM driven from an administration site.
- Wish List Registry – Create a wish list(s) of products and publish it to your friends and family. Allows other users to visit the site, view items in your registry and purchase items – and sends the original user an email.
- Promotional Page – Product specials and company news can be easily handled via Content Management with date-driven content.
- Reminder Service/Email a Friend – Sends an email reminder for various events.
- Promotions and Deals – Global- and source code-driven promotions: "Buy one get one free,” “free shipping," "percent off," or "dollar off," etc.
- Best Sellers – Shows best sellers based on the order history of the product category as the products are being viewed.
- Related Items – This allows for the automation of cross- and up-sell capabilities based on order history, or this can be defined using a flexible table-driven approach.
- Recently Viewed – Keeps a running list of the products that you view for easy return navigation, saving the user from having to search multiple times.
- Online Survey Engine – Extended feature that enables Q&A-type surveys to be created via the LANSA Commerce Edition admin site, and allows the answers to be mined for reporting purposes.
- SSL Security – Encrypt sensitive payment data.
- Checkout – Support for B2C as account holder or guest; Purchase Order additional for B2B.
- Flexible Checkout User Interface – LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE supports both intuitive multiple- and single-step checkout user interfaces.
- Shopping Cart – Shows discount, tax and shipping estimates based on integration.
- Saved Shopping Cart or Order Templates – The ability to save the current Shopping Cart for use in subsequent visits to the storefront. The same capabilities are extended to B2B users, where order templates can be saved.
Shipment and Tracking
- Dynamic Freight Calculation – Calculates shipping costs in real-time at Checkout page based on product weight, shipping location and destination using UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Customer Configured Shipping – Calculations based on flat rate shipping, free shipping, or table-based rate schedules.
- Shipment Tracking – Capability to integrate with the Order Inquiry template, or as a stand-alone inquiry, allowing table-driven links to be set up using your shipment tracking numbers with “PunchOut” to the carriers of your choice that support Web-based tracking for their customers (i.e., FedEx or UPS).
- Credit Card Ordering – Allows integration with your credit card authorization and settlement routines, or LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE can supply a generic one.
- Integration Available for Multiple Payment Gateways – Authorize.net, Paypal, Moneris, etc.
- Purchase Order – B2B payment option.
- Invoice Payment – Extended capability to allow for the payment of invoices from the Invoice page using a credit card. The payment is authorized and settled immediately with LANSA Commerce Edition storing the transaction in a log file and updating the ERP system on a nightly basis.
- Support for Saved Credit Card/Tokenization – For offline payments or delayed settlement upon shipping.
- Order Checkout & Confirmation – Allows review/completion of order and calculation of total order cost. Direct integration with your back-end system.
- Print-friendly Orders/Invoices – All order confirmation or invoices can be presented to the end user as a standard Web page or as printer-friendly representations.
- Email Order Confirmation and Invoices – All orders placed on the site are communicated to the clients via email.
- Pending Orders – Allows review and activation of all pending orders with the ability to drill down and view details of each order. This can also be used as a quoting system.
- Saved Orders – Allows customers to save multiple repeatable order templates to open, modify and extend at a future time (like order templates or standing orders).
- B2B Buyer Approval – Extended capability to allow for a B2B customer to shop on the site, but not actually place the order. When the order is submitted, an email is sent to a designated buyer’s approval-user at the B2B customer’s location.
- Quote Management – Extended capability to create quotes and store them on the Web site. This was designed for sales people and dealers who need to create quotes and make them accessible via the Web to their customers.
- Custom Products – Extended capability to customize custom products based on integration with ERP configuration engines.
Customer Service/Contact Management
- B2C and B2B Registration – New password generation, user profile maintenance, forget passwords, etc. are all included.
- Profile Management – Provides the ability for users to create accounts and maintain sub-accounts via the use of “super” user functionality.
- Order Tracking from Account – Enables users to view and monitor previous orders.
- Contact Us Form
- Order Status Inquiry – Reads your order data directly, giving your customers real-time access to their order status details. This can show all orders placed by the customer (fax, catalog, phone, EDI, etc.), not just orders placed on the Web.
- Account Inquiry – This is a three level drill down that allows a customer to view their account summary information, Open Item details (A/R), as well as recreate a specific invoice online, if needed. This feature is valuable in reconciling payment issues.
- Address Book – Consumers can maintain a personal list of names and addresses of people (relatives, employees, etc.) for whom they often purchase products.
- Default Shipping and Billing Addresses – The ability to define default shipping and billing addresses for online accounts.
- B2B Account Selection Option – The ability to select Ship To accounts for B2B users prior to placing orders. This can influence price and shipping charges.
- Product Catalog – Links to product specs & images, inventory levels and pricing. Allows shopping cart style order entry. Cross- and up-sell capability.
- Personal Catalog – Allows your customer to save time with commonly viewed/ordered items. This is similar to favorites or order guide functionality.
- X-ref Catalog – Allows your customer to nominate a product nomenclature that they are familiar with and cross reference to the site’s product numbering scheme.
- Import/Upload Orders – This feature allows you to import a spreadsheet into the Quick Order Entry file to save time on entry. The upload functionality reads the user’s PC and allows the user to select a spreadsheet and upload the contents (item number and quantity) to the site. Allows for the upload of CSV, TSV, or Excel flat file types.
- Product Categorization – The ability to configure and define multi-layered product categorization as well as grouping items based on different product types/brands or logical groupings.
- Quick Order Entry – Heads down entry of item and quantity. Allows entry of both manufacturer’s item number and customer cross reference item number.
Product Detail Browsing
- Customer Specific Real-time Pricing – Pricing based on direct integration to backend.
- Stock Availability – Configurable to show exact number, minimum number threshold, or Yes/No availability.
- Related Products – Ability to define companion items, cross - and up-sell relationships.
- Add to Personal Catalog – Allows your customer to create a personal list.
- Add to Wishlist – Allows users to add products to personal wish lists.
- Share via Social Networking – Integrated to share with social media sites such as Digg, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Product Display – Capabilities to tune how product detail and list pages should display, including product comparison and product list view preferences.
- Extendible Attributes – Product content including descriptions, pricing, or inventory is sourced directly from back-end systems. In many cases this information needs to be supplemented with rich content such as extended description, images, warranty, specifications etc. LANSA Commerce Edition for JDE enables the management of product-specific rich content via extendible attributes.
- User Navigation – Can be customized to support various layers of navigation to search and browse products.
- Expandable Product Categorization Menus – Layered navigation for filtering of products in categories and search results.
- Category Landing Pages – Create uniquely designed category landing pages.
- Recently Viewed Products
- Product Listing – Allows users to toggle between grid or list format.
- Breadcrumbs – Enables ease of navigation between different levels.
Analytics and Reporting
- Website Usage – Capability to extend reporting based on customer order activity.
- Google Analytics Integration – Google tracks user navigation and provides robust reporting on user activity to the site. This allows you to make decisions based on how users are accessing your site for more productive implementations.