Share your application development and maintenance workload with experts
LANSA’s Managed Application Services offering takes responsibility for the management and delivery of some or all of your current application development and maintenance workload under a service level agreement. Our team of professionals is dedicated to the task and team members are assigned on a full time basis.
With our managed application services, you get the certainty that your core applications continue to operate and support your current business requirements. By drawing on the wider skills of our Professional Services team, you will be able to keep pace with and utilize the fast changing innovation of IT (e.g., Web and Mobile computing). Using our managed application services can reduce both risk and costs.
Our experience tells us that many companies are reluctant to take the first step into the unchartered waters of managed application services. You might start with the maintenance of some of your current applications or with a small application development project to test the water – all covered by an appropriate service level agreement.
Why you might outsource some or all of your application development and maintenance
We’ve been in partnership with many of our clients for 25 years. We share experiences; we confide in each other; we ask their advice; they’ve told us why they turned to LANSA for help.
There are 10 often stated reasons why our clients have outsourced some or all of their application development and maintenance.
- Reduce the maintenance backlog -You are overwhelmed with maintenance tasks. Your applications, supporting essential business activity, are not easily replaced but it is difficult to find and keep people with the experience to maintain them.
- Reduce the risk of relying on a few key staff - Your RPG code base is largely undocumented and you are reliant on key staff members who are nearing retirement to maintain it.
- Difficulty recruiting IT staff to work with old technology - It’s a dilemma – you cannot find staff with RPG skills because they are extremely scarce and other recruits don’t see being trained in RPG as a good career move.
- Lack the skills to deliver innovative solutions to your users - You need to use new technologies for new projects but your own developers are not skilled in those technologies.
- Integration is a challenge - You are struggling with applications that aren’t integrated and they cause bottlenecks and timing issues, with data duplication and reconciliation being ongoing concerns.
- Lack of resources to modernize your application portfolio - Some or all of your existing applications are very dated and need a modernization overhaul but your developers are so busy with day-to-day tasks that there’s no time available.
- Free up staff to work on new projects - You need people to take over the day-to-day work and free up your own IT staff so that they can spend more time understanding new sets of requirements and designing new solutions.
- Embark on a major upgrade - You want to work on a major upgrade to your applications and need assistance in maintaining the existing applications.
- You don't want to (or can’t) expand your office – Use our staff working at our premises therefore you don't need additional office space, computers or developer tools.
- Get more bang for your buck - You want to find ways to have IT deliver more for the business for the same or less cost. Outsourcing saves time and money as you don't need to recruit, hire and train employees.
Why you should choose LANSA as your Managed Application Services partner
Established in 1987, LANSA is a leading provider of cross-platform application development, modernization and integration software. Our heritage is drawn from the IBM i platform.
Our Professional Services division has successfully delivered business applications across many industries, and, as a result, has a pedigree second to none.
LANSA’s Managed Application Services offering has evolved from our experience with providing ongoing development and support of our clients’ mission critical business applications.
Our services are offered competitively. We have offices staffed with IT professionals that cover all major territories in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions as well as our own offshore development center in the Philippines.
LANSA understands that projects are only delivered on time where there is:
- a genuine partnership
- a committed project sponsor
- strong project management
- a team with the prerequisite skills and energy
- a genuine business need for the solution to be delivered on schedule
Many of our 7,000+ customers have a mix of Microsoft and IBM technologies. They have worked with LANSA software and our professional services team to develop state-of-the-art, line-of-business applications spanning both platforms. They have also modernized and extended the life of their existing IBM i applications upon which their business relies.
Free preliminary assessment
Request a free enterprise applications assessment and discussion with one of our technology experts.
In order to fulfill our growth expectations, system development and integration across the Nationwide Mobile Business is critical. I have been impressed by LANSA’s ability to develop quick, robust system solutions and work closely with us on our future strategic needs.