Creating a new partition after applying CU3 to V11.0 system
|Date:||7 July 2006|
|Product/Release:||LANSA for iSeries V11.3 (CU3)|
|Abstract:||Creating a new partition and using the Partition Initialization after applying CU3 to V11.0 system|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
When creating a new partition in V11.3 (CU3), Partition Initialization imports can only be performed using the V11.3 iSeries CD 2 of 2
Consider the following scenario:
- LANSA for iSeries system on pre-CU3 level (V11.0 & EPC765 level for example)
- LANSA for iSeries system updated to V11.3 using the CU3.exe (either from the CU3 CD or from the CU3 download
- You need to create a new partition
- Depending on what is required in this partition, you may elect to use the Partition Initialisation to do some imports e.g. you want to import the RDMLX fields (SYS_FLDX import)
However, the 11.3 (CU3) Partition initialization has the following criteria:
- Depending on the import, it must be performed from the LANSA iSeries CD (disk 2 of 2) or from a save file in the LANSA libraries
- In CU3, the imports from CD cannot be performed from a EPC751 or EPC761 CD because the path to the imports has changed in CU3 (disk 2 of 2)
- If you have applied CU3 by downloading it from the EPC downloads area of the LANSA Web site or you have applied CU3 from the CU3 CD, then you probably do not actually have a CD in your possession that will suit the Partition Initialization.
You should contact your local LANSA support group to acquire the appropriate LANSA iSeries CD set so you can complete the imports.