Using System i database connection in MapForce 2009 SP1 gives "Source node does not exist" error
|Date:||4 May 2009|
|Product/Release:||LANSA Composer V2.0|
|Abstract:||Using System i database connection in MapForce 2009 SP1 gives "Source node does not exist" error|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
For a System i database connection created in MapForce 2009 SP1, MapForce adds the EXTCOLINFO=1 option as per Figure A.
Mapforce Versions earlier then 2009 SP1 did not add this.
This setting causes a problem inside MapForce only (when previewing the result using the Output tab), as per Figure B.
- It has no impact on the successful execution of the prepared map in LANSA Composer
- It causes a problem only when the database component is the source not the target
- It seems to cause a problem only for non-SQL tables
Our finding indicates that:
- The purpose of this setting is that it returns additional column information to the ODBC client program (MapForce engine, in this case).
- For non-SQL tables, it is returning NULL or empty attributes for some values and MapForce is not handling this properly.
- If you display the component settings for the database component, you can remove the "EXTCOLINFO=1" setting, click OK and then it works.
- This should have no effect whatsoever at run-time, since we use JDBC and all connection options are defined by the database configuration in LANSA Composer.
Note: MapForce 2010 no longer adds the EXTCOLINFO=1 attribute for an iSeries database component.