Cursor not visible and/or numeric fields not displayed correctly in input fields
|Abstract:||Cursor not visible and/or numeric fields not displayed correctly in input fields|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
Under MS Windows, if the font you are using is too small for the window size you are using, then the cursor will not show and numeric fields do not show data or show data misaligned.
When choosing the font and window size, you should ensure the cursor is displayed in input fields. If the cursor is displayed, then the behaviour of the input files will be correct. If the cursor is not visible in input fields, then incorrect behaviour may result (the application will work, input will be accepted, but the input fields contents may not be displayed correctly).
To achieve a suitable result, it is just a matter of experimenting with the size of the screen for a given font. For example:
- Choose a font.
- Display a panel that has an input field.
- Click on the input field with the mouse to ensure the input field has the focus.
- Increase the window size till the cursor is displayed.
- If the cursor is still not displayed when the window size takes up the whole display area, then choose a smaller font and/or point size.
- Once you have a cursor visible, then reduce the size of the window until the cursor disappears. This will determine the minimum window size you can realistically use with the chosen font.