Wrapping column headers over multiple lines
|Product/Release:||Crystal Reports for LANSA|
|Abstract:||Wrapping a column header over multiple lines is easy with the field wrap option|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
When a column header is too wide to fit 'nicely' above a report field, that column header can be printed over 2 or 3 lines.
The steps to do this are as follows:
- Insert the full text of a column header as a text field. Column header text fields are automatically inserted for each database field in a report, if the report options are set correctly. Don't worry at this stage that the column headers overlap each other.
- Focus on the column header to be wrapped by double clicking on it.
- Select the Field option from the Format menu (or click the right mouse button and select the Change Format option). The Format String dialog box will pop up.
- Tick the 'Print on Multiple Lines' options. If the header shouldn't warp over more than 2 lines, enter 2 in the 'Maximum number of lines' field.
- Adjust the width of the column header. The text will automatically wrap over multiple lines when the width of the field is reduced.