Crystal Reports for LANSA Client: Print and Export options
|Abstract:||Crystal Reports for LANSA: Print and Export options|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
The File/Print menu in Crystal Reports for LANSA Client contains much more functionality than 'just printing', for example:
- The Preview Sample option shows a small part of a report on screen. This is handy if large database files are being used the user wants to quickly view the layout of the report. One option allows the user to select to create just the first pages of the report, without having to change the selection criteria. The Preview Sample command prompts for the number of database records to read. To preview a complete report, choose the lightning bolt icon or click on the preview tab.
- The Printer option will direct the report to a Printer. In the Printer dialog box indicate whether to print all or part of the pages.
- The Export and Mail options allow a report to be exported a specific file format and attached to a mail message. The Export and Mail options are covered on the next few pages of this document.
- The second last menu option points to Crystal Reports Server. This is a separate product, not included with Crystal Reports for LANSA Client
- The Report Definition option outputs the report definition to a printer. This option is useful to examine the definitions in a report or to fax the report definitions to LANSA's Help Desk.
Crystal Reports for LANSA Client: Print and Export Options (PDF 21KB) document details many of the print and export options available.