The 6th option for Configure task tracking in V10 after applying EPC703
|Product/Release:||LANSA for iSeries V10|
|Abstract:||Information on the 6th option for Configure task tracking in V10|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
EPC703 introduced a new enhancement to LANSA for iSeries V10. Once EPC703 has been applied, you will now have an extra option in the Configure task tracking in System Partition Definition screen. This 6th task tracking option has been introduced to cater for task tracking for import jobs.
The EPC703 documentation contains the relevant help information for this extra Task Tracking option. This information will be included into the next version of the Online documentation.
Some extra information regarding this option:
- This is only for import job and nothing else.
- To activate this option the partition and import job must be configured for task tracking.
- If the partition has been configured for task tracking the new option to Activate Task Tracking for Import Jobs is defaulted to 'NO' so that imports will continue to perform as they were prior to this enhancement. To task track on import this option can be activated from the LANSA Housekeeping menu – Create or change system partition definitions.
- You do not need to do anything special to Exports for this to work. You only need to have task tracking enabled for the partition and input YES for the option to validate Import jobs with task Tracking.
- If you logon to LANSA without a task or without a valid task id then you will not be able to use the Import Facility from the Housekeeping menu.
- This Task Track Import job option is more for Change Management purposes.