How to set Debug Mode on for Visual LANSA execution environment
|Date:||11 June 2004|
|Abstract:||How to set Debug Mode on for Visual LANSA execution environment|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
|Last Review:||November 2010|
There may be times where it is advantageous to debug an application at execution time rather than with in the development environment.
How to achieve this:
- Right click on your deployed application icon.
- In the drop down window select "Properties".
This window will indicate to you what start file is being used when executing the application. The location of the start file with be in the LANSA source directory.
- Once you have located the relevant start file, open it in a text editor (i.e. notepad).
- Add the following line to the bottom of the file "DBUG=Y" (with out the quotes)
- Save the file. The application should then run in debug mode.
If you have not deployed your application with debug-able source then this solution will not work. Debug-able source can be identified by the .RDL file extension.