Extended instructions for applying a LANSA EPC to iSeries
|Date:||19 October 2006|
|Product/Release:||LANSA for iSeries|
|Abstract:||Extended instructions for applying a LANSA EPC to iSeries|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
This page contains extended instructions for moving an EPC to the iSeries. The instructions are generic and are applicable for all EPCs. Replace EPCNNN with the EPC number that you are applying.
Instructions for installing on iSeries
- It is recommended to backup all the LANSA folders, system libraries and ALL the LANSA IFS objects (LANSA_pgmlib/x_lansa) before applying this EPC. Refer to Summary of Installed Objects in the LANSA Online documentation for a full list of LANSA installed objects. Note that you may not have all the objects on the list, depending on what LANSA products and features are installed.
- Make sure no one is using the LANSA system to be upgraded. Refer to How to check for Active Users in the LANSA Online documentation for instructions to check for active users.
- End the Listener and Host Monitor for this LANSA system.
- End the Web server and run the LANSA for the Web cleanup program. Refer to Clean Up Systems in the LANSA Online documentation for cleanup instructions.
- For iSeries shared folders:
- in Explorer, map to the shared folder drive
- create a folder named EPCNNN
- copy unzipped file EPCNNN to folder EPCNNN
- If your network file system does not support iSeries shared folders, use FTP via TCP/IP performing the following steps:
- logon to the iSeries and create folder EPCNNN
- open a DOS session on the PC
- change to the directory where the downloaded and unzipped files are located
- sign on to FTP site - FTP XXXXXXXX (where XXXXXXXX is the name of iSeries system or TCP/IP address)
- enter your iSeries user id and password
- to send as a binary file : enter command bin
- change to QDLS file system : enter command cd /QDLS
- change to the folder EPCnnn : enter command cd EPCNNN
- to send the downloaded file to the iSeries : enter command put EPCNNN
- to exit : enter command quit
- Use XFLRTOSAVF command to convert the folder to a save file format (LANSA program library must be on your library list) - press F4 for command details. Save file will be created by this command.
- You now have a save file. Continue installing by following the instructions in the next section.
Do you have the EPC in a save file or tape or CD-ROM?
- Sign on as a user profile that is QSECOFR, part of the QSECOFR group, or, has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
Note: Check the OS/400 system value QFRCCVNRST. If QFRCCVNRST is set to 0, you must use FRCOBJCVN(*YES) on the RSTOBJ command.
- Use the OS/400 RSTOBJ (restore object) command to restore all objects from library DC@ECNNN (on the backup media) into library QTEMP.
If using a save file you will use the following command:
RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(DC@ECNNN) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(save file name) RSTLIB(QTEMP)
- Display your current library list. If QTEMP is not shown, then add it to your library list by using the ADDLIBLE (add library list entry) command.
- Install the EPC using the command:
LOADEPCNNN PGMLIB(<pgmlib>) COMLIB(<comlib>)
where <pgmlib> is the name of the LANSA program library. This is often DC@PGMLIB but it may be different on your system.
where <comlib> is the name of the LANSA Comm/Share library. This is often DC@COMLIB but it may different on your system.
- After entering the library name and share library, press enter.
- Press enter to continue processing.
- Save and then delete the backout library created by the install. The contents of the library may be used to backout this EPC and return your system to its previous state.
Note: Refer to the instructions in the EPC you are applying for the actual name of the backout library created by the install.
- Sign off and then on again before commencing the next installation of:
- applying this EPC on another LANSA system
- applying another EPC on this LANSA system