Notice regarding *Webevent (Web Functions) usage for web development in LANSA
|Date:||5 March 2012|
|Product/Release:||LANSA for the Web (*webevent) - All supported versions|
|Abstract:||Some considerations in respect of *Webevent (Web Functions) usage for the development of web applications|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
|Updated:||24 August 2016|
Some considerations in respect of *Webevent (Web Functions) usage for the development of web applications:
- *Webevent (Web Functions) was released in 1998 and was the first web technology developed by LANSA, being built with regard to the browser and web technology available at that time.
- Eighteen years on from 1998, browser and web technology have changed significantly. In addition, the types of applications being built is markedly different today and the number of users of each web application has increased significantly.
- Web application security attacks are a growing problem. Unless special care is taken by the developer, *Webevent (Web Functions) are particularly vulnerable to a number of client and server attacks. The effects of these attacks have been mitigated by later versions of LANSA’s web development technology. Ultimately, web application security is the responsibility of our customers.
- With the release of LANSA version 14 in 2015, Web Pages became LANSA’s preferred web development technology for developing new web applications. This new web capability allows the same RDML syntax used for developing desktop (rich client) applications to be used for developing web based applications in LANSA.
- *Webevent (Web Functions) enhancements will only be carried out as required to support new versions of supported host operating systems, plug-ins and HTTP Servers.
- Support will continue to be provided in the usual manner.
- More information can be obtained by contacting your local LANSA support centre.