Install/Upgrade LANSA for IBM i using an image catalog
|Date:||14 July 2013|
|Product/Release:||LANSA for i - All supported versions|
|Abstract:||Instructions for downloading a LANSA image (any supported version) and adding it to an image catalog|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
|Updated:||17 November 2015|
Use the following steps to install or upgrade LANSA products after you download a LANSA for IBM i image file (ISO) from a LANSA provided location. The standard spin naming convention is SPIN[NNNN].ISO. We will use a generic SPIN9999.ISO in the following instructions. Depending on what spin you are installing, you can replace 9999 with the actual spin number.
Note: If you need a physical DVD to install LANSA for i on your IBM i machine you can simply burn this iso image to a DVD.
- Create your image catalog using the following command:
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(SPIN9999) DIR('/SPIN9999')
If you are going to use an existing image catalog, it is not necessary to create the image catalog.
- Add the download image to the catalog that you have created or use an existing catalog:
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(SPIN9999_IBMi) FROMFILE('/Location of the download image file/ SPIN9999.iso') IMGCLGIDX(*AVAIL) TOFILE(*FROMFILE)
Note regarding 'Location of the download image file'. This is the IFS folder you have moved the downloaded ISO image to.
- Load the image catalog into the virtual optical device using the
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(SPIN9999_IBMi) DEV([Virtual Optical Drive]) OPTION(*LOAD)
Replace [Virtual Optical Device] with your own name, for example, OPTVRTxx
- For more details regarding these commands, refer to the IBM i documentation:
- Run the LODRUN OPTVRTxx command to install LANSA for i.