VLF-Web page source on mobile devices
|Date:||24 April 2013|
|Product/Release:||Visual LANSA Framework EPC870|
|Abstract:||What to setup in order to view VLF-Web page source on a mobile device|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
The Visual LANSA Framework-WEB behaves differently when displayed in browsers on mobile devices, so there may be times when you want to view and work with the page source for VLF-WEB applications while they are running on Android mobile devices.
To do this you need
- Chrome on your host PC and also the Chrome App installed on your mobile device.
- The Android SDK installed on your PC (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
- The mobile device connected to the host PC with a USB cable
This link gives a comprehensive guide to setting up the debugging of websites displayed in the Chrome App running on android devices.
There are two places on the mobile device where debugging has to be enabled, so if you get a device not found error, check both settings.
- In the Chrome App settings (Settings -> Advanced -> Developer Tools -> Enable USB Web debugging)
- In the Android device settings (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging)