How to check for Active Users in a LANSA system
|Date:||22 April 2016|
|Product/Release:||LANSA for i (All versions)|
|Abstract:||How to check for active users in a LANSA system before performing an upgrade or applying an EPC|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
To check for active users in your LANSA system, use the following procedure:
- Sign on to the IBM i using the Partition Security Officer profile QSECOFR or as some other user that is part of the QSECOFR group.
- If the Command Entry screen is not already displayed, then invoke it by using this command:
- Make sure that no jobs/users are accessing LANSA using the following commands:
WRKOBJLCK <pgmlib>/DC@A01 *DTAARA
WRKOBJLCK <datalib>/DC@F02 *FILE *FIRST
- If locks exist, ask the users to sign off or wait until the batch jobs have ended before continuing with the upgrade.
- If you use LANSA workstation products connected to your LANSA system, you may find that the listener job has a lock on the system. If a listener job is active, stop it by ending the subsystem it is running in.
- Repeat both of these commands until there are no locks on the specified objects.