Latest update takes IBM i modernization to a new level of automation and sophistication
Austin, TEXAS — July 9, 2019 — LANSA, (a division of Idera, Inc.), a provider of low-code application development platform tools, today announced a major update to its aXes platform that helps developers modernize IBM i applications faster without changing a single line of code.
aXes automatically transforms 5250 applications into browser-based applications and includes tools to customize and modernize the design and layout of the user interface. The latest release of aXes 4.2.0 includes a new and improved HTTP web server for faster performance, as well as numerous design and security enhancements that allow IBM i customers to more easily web-enable their existing applications.
Since aXes is a major component in LANSA’s Rapid Application Modernization Process (RAMP), version 4.2.0 further enhances how IBM i companies can refactor 5250 applications into a graphical application framework and build multi-experience applications spanning mobile, web, and desktop.
“We’re extremely proud of our long history of supporting the IBM i platform, and of continuing to help IT departments maximize their productivity and investment in this important server platform,” said Madan Divaker, Global Product Manager at LANSA. “This latest release of aXes is another proof point in our commitment to provide developers powerful cross-platform solutions to address all their business needs without limitations.”
New aXes 4.2.0 features include:
- Material Design Controls and Themes give developers the option to display applications using Material Design controls as well as Material Design style themes for use with their applications.
- Choreographer feature allows developers to record screen navigation and keystrokes, and replay recordings by embedding them in controls such as push buttons to help users navigate automatically to the destination screen.
- Reporting function that encompasses all customized screens and application settings. For each customized screen, the report will detail all elements and all extensions with their respective settings.
- Upgraded aXes Terminal Server that includes numerous security enhancements and a 15% boost in performance.
- eXtensions like the addition of a Signature panel that allows users to store digital signatures on the IBM i server or download them as a PNG file; and a Button Panel, which can hold function keys and user-defined buttons on the screen.
- Browser support for the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox, as well as Internet Explorer 11.
LANSA’s product portfolio includes numerous offerings that are exclusively dedicated to the IBM i developer community or included as part of our cross-platform offerings. To learn more, visit, What’s New.
LANSA is the original low-code, high productivity software development platform for mobile, web and desktop applications. More than 8,000 organizations in 65 countries use LANSA’s platform to develop, maintain and integrate their business applications, ensuring a consistent look and feel with minimal coding. Customers include JPMorgan Chase, Kawasaki, TruGreen, Vistar and Walt Disney, among others. LANSA is a division of Idera, Inc. To learn more, visit https://www.lansa.com/.