EPC - 142020
Date : 24 August 2018
EPC142020 for LANSA V14 SP2
This EPC includes the following highlights:
- A Visual LANSA change required for a Visual LANSA Framework (VLF) enhancement shipped in VLF EPC142011.
- All patches and hotfixes shipped since V14 SP2 EPC142010.
- A new system variable *GUIDSEQUENTIAL that allows a sequential GUID to be generated.
- The addition of a properties screen for Versions and Patches in the Deployment Tool.
|Product||Visual LANSA and LANSA for i|
|Pre-Requisite Details||V14 SP2 EPC142010|
|Special Notes||All Version 14 Visual LANSA EPCs include updates that must be applied to Windows and IBM i systems (Independent Visual LANSA development environments only require the Windows updates). Failure to upgrade both sides of a development environment will render the Host Monitor and Super Server applications inoperable. Attempting to use the Host Monitor and Super Server applications without having applied the EPC to both sides of a development environment will generate an EPC mismatch error.|
Make a full backup of your LANSA environment on each platform to which this EPC will be applied.
|IBM i Specific Special Notes||The IBM i instructions are expedited procedures that assume a sound knowledge of IBM i.|
You must use a user profile that is QSECOFR or part of the QSECOFR group.
You must end the web server and run the LANSA for the Web cleanup program before applying this EPC.
You must end the Listener and Host Monitor if active.
You must end the LANSA Integrator server if it has been used with the LANSA system to be updated.
|User Actions||A System initialization of Standard System Variables is required to import the new system variable shipped in this EPC. This step us required for CCS157424. Refer to Visual LANSA System Initialization for instructions.|
|Deployment Notes||This EPC can be deployed as a patch to a previous version. A new version of the package must be have been built with V14 SP2 GA as stated in the V14 Late Breaking News page.|
|Hotfixes||The following Hotfixes will be replaced by this EPC: |
Instructions to install the EPC
EPC142020 includes software to be installed on an IBM i machine and on a Windows machine. These instructions describe the installation and use of all delivered items.
- Download EPC142020.EXE file from the Web site or email.
- Unzip (double click) EPC142020.EXE. These files will be extracted:
- AllEPCs.exe - Windows multiple EPC installer
- AllEPCs.ini - AllEPCs controll file
- EPC142020 - IBM i Save file
- wEPC142020.exe - Windows Visual LANSA install executable
Instructions provided for:
|Object Name||Object Type|
|Object Name||Object Type||Library|
|X_BASE||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_COMP||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_DBG||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_DBM||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_FUN||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_PRIM||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_VAR||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
Special note for IBM i Power 5 hardware: Due to hardware conversion, you may experience a delay when importing from the VLF save files or on the first connection to the LANSA Listener. This conversion will occur only once.
- Sign on with QSECOFR user profile or a user that is part of the QSECOFR group.
- Backup all the LANSA folders, system libraries and ALL the LANSA IFS objects (LANSA_pgmlib/x_lansa) before applying this EPC
- You need exclusive use of the LANSA system before applying the EPC. You must end the Listener, Host Monitor and Web Server for the LANSA system and run the LANSA for the Web cleanup program.
- To check for active users refer to How to check for Active Users.
- Move the unzipped file EPC142020 to an IFS folder on the IBM i ( e.g. /LANSA_pgmlib/tmp/epc142020 )
- To apply this EPC, run the command LOADEPC with the following parameters:
pgmlib/LOADEPC and press command 4 (F4) to prompt the command (can be run in batch)
EPC number . . . . . . . . . . . > 142020
Install the EPC from . . . . . . >*IFS
IFS Path and object name . . . .e.g./LANSA_pgmlib/tmp/epc142020
Apply this EPC to . . . . . . . FULL_LANSA_SYSTEM
LANSA program library . . . . . pgmlib
- Use DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT) to save a job log record of what the LOADEPC command did.
- Sign off and then on again before commencing the next installation, e.g.:
- to apply this EPC on another LANSA system
- to apply another EPC on the same LANSA system
- It is recommended that a backup be done of all LANSA folders and your LANSA database before applying this EPC.
- Stop using the LANSA development environment and stop all currently executing LANSA applications.
- Right click on AllEPCs.exe and 'Run as Administrator'.
- Select the "Setup" button or "Cancel" if you do not want to proceed.
- If you have multiple configurations installed, select the configuration to which the EPC is to be applied.
- If you are prompted to reboot your pc - please reboot.
- Once the EPC has been successfully applied, review the User Actions in this page and perform any mandatory tasks or actions listed in this section.
- To check if this EPC has been successfully applied or to view details of all installed EPCs, check the Product Information and review 8.7.2 Installation Details.
© 2018 LANSA