Error "(0001) - The partition name must be specified in the x_run command" when attempting to do an Import"
|Date:||30 August, 2007|
|Product/Release:||Visual LANSA V11.3|
|Abstract:||The location of the Windows user's temporary directory can affect LANSA Imports if the user has an apostrophe in their name|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
Some LANSA users may receive the following error when they attempt to do an import on their System:
"(0001) - The partition name must be specified in the x_run command. It cannot be specified in the profile file."
This can occur if the Windows User Name contains an Apostrophe (for example "O'Callaghann"). LANSA stores files in the temporary directory during the import and the presence of the apostrophe is causing this process to fail
To resolve this issue you have 2 options:
1. You can change the Windows Temporary directory to be a static directory without any apostrophe's in it. To do this:
- Right click on "My computer" and select Properties.
- Go to the Advanced Tab, and press the Environment Variables button.
- Under "User Variables for <username>", change the TEMP variable to another directory that does not include apostrophes or the %USERPROFILE% variable (e.g. C:\Temp)
2. Or you can change the Windows User to remove the Apostrophe (this may not be feasible for Network users).
Future releases of LANSA will be enhanced to cater for all possible temporary directory locations, including locations with apostrophe's.