This information represents the current view of LANSA on the date of publication. Because LANSA must respond to changing market conditions, it should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of LANSA, and LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented after the date of publication. This information refers to the English language versions of LANSA software. Contact your regional office for availability information for non-English versions of LANSA software. Some regions may delay distribution of English and non-English versions due to translation and quality assurance tasks.Expand All
LANSA V14 became Generally Available on 16 November, 2015. Service Pack 1 (SP1) for V14 became Generally Available on 1 August, 2016. Service Pack 2 (SP2) for V14 became Generally Available on 11 May 2018.
LANSA Composer V7.0 became Generally Available on 5 April, 2019.
|Visual LANSA||V14 SP2||At the latest EPC level|
|LANSA for i||V14 SP2||At the latest EPC level|
|Visual LANSA Framework & RAMP||V14 SP2||At the latest EPC level|
|LANSA on Linux||V14 SP2||LANSA Web Server only|
|LANSA Integrator||V14 SP2||At the latest EPC level|
|LANSA Composer||Version 7.0|
|LANSA Open||V14 SP2||At the latest EPC level|
|LANSA Client||V14 SP1||At the latest EPC level. Note: Includes LANSA Open Version 14 SP1|
|LANSA Open for .NET||Version 3.8||LANSA Open for .NET can be downloaded for evaluation from LANSA Open for .NET|
|Longrange||Latest RV||Download the latest Release Version (RV) from the App Store or Google play|
|LANSA Commerce Edition||Version B5.0|
|LANSA Commerce Edition - for BPCS||Version B5.0||Supports BPCS 6.x, BPCS 8.x, and ERP LX versions|
Unless otherwise stated, for the LANSA products listed in Current versions of LANSA products, version support is bounded by the latest shipped version of LANSA and the immediate prior version. Current supported versions of LANSA are Version 14 Service Pack 2 at the latest EPC level and Version 13 Service Pack 2 at the latest EPC level.
End of Support notice: Support for LANSA Version 11 Service Pack 5 ended on 31 May 2013. With the release of V14, the Extended Support Service (“ESS”) for V11 SP5 has ended. Support for LANSA Version 12 Service Pack 1 ended on May 16, 2016. From May 16, 2016, LANSA will provide an Extended Support Service (“ESS”) to all maintenance paying customers at the latest EPC level of V12 SP1 version of LANSA. See the General Extended Support Announcement for further details.
For details of the third-party software and hardware combinations that are supported when running LANSA software please review the following documents. This information relates to English-language versions only.
- Important Supported Platforms notifications (including major additions and removals) Updated December 2018
- LANSA Version 14 Supported Platforms document (PDF 951KB) Updated August 2019
- LANSA Version 13 Supported Platforms document (PDF 743KB) Updated September 2019
- LANSA Version 12 Supported Platforms document (PDF 799KB) Updated February 2016
- Virtualization Support Policy for LANSA Products (PDF 156KB) Updated February 2015
Any software and/or hardware combination or item not referenced in the Supported Platforms documents are considered to be Uncertified.
Note: LANSA only supports versions of operating systems that are supported by the vendor.
Customers who wish to continue using unsupported third-party products after the vendors support ceases will have to reproduce any issues on a supported version of the third-party product prior to reporting the problem to LANSA support. LANSA cannot support a third-party product when the vendor no longer supports it.
- For IBM i, i5/OS, & OS/400 release support see http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/software/i5osschedule.html
- For Microsoft operating system support see http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search
For information on pre-requisite software components for the latest version of LANSA Composer, refer to the LANSA Composer guide.
Current supported versions of LANSA Composer are V7.0 and V6.1.
LANSA Composer's supported platform requirements for both client and server components are aligned with those for the LANSA version upon which the version of LANSA Composer is based.
- For LANSA Composer version 7.0, refer to Supported platforms for LANSA version 14 (PDF 951KB)
- For LANSA Composer version 6.1, refer to Supported platforms for LANSA version 13 (PDF 680KB)
- For LANSA Composer version 5, refer to Supported platforms for LANSA version 13 (PDF 680KB)
- End of Support notice: Support for LANSA Composer version 5 ended on 30 June 2019.
LANSA Composer requires a minimum Java version 1.5 execution environment for most supplied activities. Some activities require Java version 1.6 or 1.7. Transformation maps require the Java version listed in the table below, according to the MapForce version with which the map is prepared.
LANSA Composer V7.0 ships and installs Oracle's OpenJDK 8 build. Refer to the Late Breaking News entry for LANSA Composer (23rd October 2018) for details.
Attention: You should not download and apply any Mapforce Release or Service Pack until it is given an official support status by LANSA. Contact your LANSA Support representative for any Mapforce version support queries.
LANSA Composer has been tested with the following versions of Altova MapForce.
|MapForce Version||LANSA Composer V7.0||LANSA Composer V6.1||LANSA Composer V5.0||Java Version||Additional Info|
Hotfix 003 for LANSA Composer version 5.0 is required in order to prepare maps. Altova MapForce versions 2015 and higher are not supported for use with LANSA Composer versions 4.0 and earlier.
MapForce 2016R2 has introduced an ODBC Connection issue that can affect existing maps. This connection issue is also present in Mapforce 2016R2SP1. Refer to MapForce 2016R2 ODBC Connection issue for details.
Update: this issue has been corrected in Mapforce 2017 so upgrading to this version of Mapforce is recommended if you are affected by this issue.
|Product||Version||GA Date||What's New||Additional Info||Includes|
|LANSA||V14 SP2||11 May, 2018||Whats New||Note 1||Includes Visual LANSA, LANSA for i, LANSA Integrator, LANSA Open and Documentation complete in English, French and Japanese languages.|
|LANSA||V14 SP1||1 Aug, 2016||Whats New||Note 1||Includes Visual LANSA, LANSA for i, LANSA Integrator, LANSA Open and Documentation complete in English, French and Japanese languages.|
|LANSA||V14||16 Nov, 2015||Whats New||Note 1||Includes Visual LANSA, LANSA for i, LANSA Integrator, LANSA Open and Documentation complete in English, French and Japanese languages.|
|LANSA||V13 SP2||13 Jun, 2014||What's New (CHM)||Note 1||Includes Visual LANSA, LANSA for the Web, LANSA for i, LANSA Integrator, LANSA Open and Documentation complete in English, French and Japanese languages.|
|LANSA||V13 SP1||1 Jul, 2013||What's New (CHM)||Note 1||Includes Visual LANSA, LANSA for the Web, LANSA for i, LANSA Integrator, LANSA Open and Documentation complete in English, French and Japanese languages.|
|LANSA||V13||Dec 2012||What's New (CHM)||Note 1||Includes Visual LANSA, LANSA for the Web, LANSA for i, LANSA Integrator, LANSA Open and Documentation complete in English, French and Japanese languages.|
|LANSA Client||V14 SP1||12 Dec, 2016||What's New (PDF 88KB)||Note 2||Includes English, French and Japanese language versions.|
Updated versions of the LANSA Client Guides are available from the Documentation page.
|LANSA Client||V13 SP1||10 Oct, 2013||What's New (PDF 24KB)||Note 2||Includes English, French and Japanese language versions.|
Updated versions of the LANSA Client Guides are available from the Documentation page.
|LANSA Composer||V7.0||April 2019||What's New|
|LANSA Composer||V6.1||Dec 2016||What's New|
|LANSA Composer||V6.0||Feb 2016||What's New|
|LANSA Composer||V5.0||May 2014||What's New (CHM)|
|LANSA on Linux||V13 SP2||Oct 2014|
A detailed list of changes (Readme) and a summary of new features (What's New) are available on the DVD. The support call ID (CCS number) in the Readme files will help you locate any changes that you have requested.
There will be no CD or DVD delivery of this software, you can request it from your product vendor.
The media spin number can be found on the CD/DVD itself. The media spin number can be used to identify whether you have the latest LANSA software. If your media spin numbers don't match what is listed on this table, you should order the latest LANSA software from your product vendor.
The spin numbers for the current media are as follows:
|LANSA Windows, LANSA on Linux and IBM i Software V14 SP2 DVD||0338|
|LANSA Windows, LANSA on Linux and IBM i Software V13 SP2 DVD||0330|
|LANSA Client V14 SP1 Software||*|
|LANSA Client V13 SP1 Software||*|
|LANSA Composer 7.0 Software DVD||0339|
* There will be no CD or DVD delivery of LANSA Client V14 SP1 or LANSA Client V13 SP1. LANSA Client can be requested from your product vendor.
Notes regarding media spins:
- Periodically, LANSA will produce a new spin of the LANSA media. A new spin will include the latest generally available EPCs, making it easier for customers to get to the latest EPC level automatically when they install or upgrade LANSA.
- SPIN0338 delivers LANSA and LANSA Linux at V14 SP2 EPC142050 level (EPC142010, EPC142030, EPC142040 and EPC142050 automatically applied). SPIN0338 also provides an automatic install of the latest V14 SP2 EPCs for LANSA Integrator (EPC142006) and Visual LANSA Framework (EPC142011).
- SPIN0330 delivers LANSA V13 SP2 and LANSA Linux V13 SP2 at EPC132900 level. SPIN0330 also provides an automatic install of EPC132800 for LANSA Integrator and EPC132100 for Visual LANSA Framework.
Note: Installing or upgrading V13 SP2 from SPIN0330 requires IBM i 6.1 or later.
- If you have already installed LANSA from an earlier spin (any version of LANSA), you should download and apply later EPCs for that version as they become generally available, rather than requesting the latest spin.