Impact analysis example
|Product/Release:||LANSA for the AS/400 Release 7.5|
|Abstract:||Display all functions which have been exported since a date|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
The Impact Analysis tool supplied since release 7.5 of LANSA for the AS/400 is a powerful aid in tracing all sorts of objects in your LANSA development environment. The following example shows how to trace which functions have been exported from a certain date for a certain partition.
"Display all functions which have been exported since 1st January 1998"
DC@P410010 Add FUNCTION Entry by Profile Search
Run in Batch NO Enter Operation and Value/s for search criteria.
Type of Function A (A=All, C=Compiled, N=Not compiled)
Optimise comm GUI enabled WEB enabled
in Help Text type A
Last Action GT 19980101 AE (YYYYMMDD Action)
To achieve the above you have to do the following:
- Start the Impact Analysis tool from the LANSA Housekeeping menu.
- Create a new list then use option 5 to add entries to the list.
- Use function key F6 (Add) and select the function option (the above screen will be displayed).
- Enter a value for 'Last Action' as shown above.
- All functions which have been exported since 1st January 1998 (from the partition you are logged).