How to confirm JAVA Version on iSeries
|Date:||20 January 2005|
|Abstract:||Confirm JAVA version on iSeries|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
|Last Review:||November 2010|
There may be instances where the latest installed version of Java has actually not been activated on the iSeries and which can cause problems trying to run LANSA Integrator.
To check to see which version the iSeries has currently activated run the command:
which will return the current Java version being used ie:
Version JVM V5R2M0 JDK 1.3.1
Currently, the lowest version that should be used (and installed) is JDK 1.4.
There are three methods to allow the correct Java version.
- When calling STRJSM, specify theJava version.
Start Java Service Manager (STRJSM)
Type choices, press Enter.
Instance . . . . . . . . . . . . *DEFAULT
JVM Version . . . . . . . . . . *DEFAULT *DEFAULT, *JVM12, *JVM13, *JVM14, *JVM15
Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . *NONE *NONE, *VERBOSE, *VERBOSEGC..
Garbage collect initial size . . 40000 256-139264000 kilobytes
Time zone . . . . . . . . . . . *DEFAULT
- For LANSA Integrator, edit the SystemDefault.properties file in the system folder to point to the correct version of JAVA.
Edit the file with the following line:
java.version=1.3' or whichever version you require.
#!<studio-project id="20040000-000000" name="test">
Note: You will need to restart JSM after making this change.
- Or you can change the overall JAVA version on the iSeries:
- Use command WRKLNK
- Use option 2 to the directory /QIBM/UserData/Java400
- Edit the file ‘/QIBM/UserData/Java400/SystemDefault.properties' with the following line:
'java.version=1.3' or whichever version you require.