Getting started with RAMP-TS in EPC839 requires a framework that has no RAMP-NL details associated with it
|Date:||15th May 2009|
|Product/Release:||Visual LANSA Framework/RAMP|
|Abstract:||To get started with RAMP-TS you need to start with a framework that has no RAMP-NL details associated with it|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
If you start up a framework that is already using RAMP-NL, it will continue to use RAMP-NL.
So to get started with RAMP-TS you need to start with a framework that has no RAMP-NL details associated with it.
This means that the easiest way to get started with RAMP-TS is:
- Start VLF using the lastshipped xml so you are using a default configuration to start with.
- Ensure there is only one server defined and set it type "LANSA iSeries + RAMP TS"
- Remove any existing RAMP-NL server definitions.
- Ensure you are using a unique set of XML file names to store your framework details in (on the Framework -> Properties -> Framework Details tab).
- Use the “Save As” option to save this framework with a different name.
When you have successfully configured to use RAMP TS, when opening the RAMP Tools you should see this:
To understand more on how a framework is associated with RAMP-TS or RAMP-NL, see this section in the RAMP-TS online guide:
How is a Framework associated with RAMP-TS or RAMP-NL?
A framework (as defined in its XML file) is specifically bound to either RAMP-TS or RAMP-NL. This means it can only be used with that type of RAMP session.