Instructions for copying the LANSA for i V14 SP2 save file to your IBM i.
|Date:||18 May 2018|
|Product/Release:||LANSA for i - V14 SP2 and above|
|Abstract:||Instructions for copying the LANSA V14 SP2 save file to your IBM i in preparation for an install or upgrade.|
|Submitted By:||LANSA Technical Support|
In V14 SP2, the IBM i software will no longer be installable directly from the DVD.
The IBM i software is now provided as a zipped save file, not as an ISO image. You need to copy the LANSA for i save file provided on the V14 SP2 DVD and use LODRUN with the save file to install LANSA for i.
Many customer will have their own processes for copying a save file to their IBM i but this tip will provide an example set of steps for copying the LANSA V14 SP2 save file to the IBM i in preparation for an install or upgrade.
This tip assumes that you already have a LANSA V14 SP2 DVD (SPIN0335), either by downloading and burning the DVD image yourself or on receipt of a DVD from your local LANSA representative.
1. Load the DVD into your PC disk drive and take the option to view the files in File Explorer. The LANSA for i save file is in a zip file called LANSAPKG_142_SPIN0335.zip
2. Right click on LANSAPKG_142_SPIN0335.zip and copy it to a local drive, for example C:\TEMP
3. Extract the save file from the zip file
Once extracted, a file of type SAVF will be available. This is the V14 SP2 LANSA for i save file.
4. Using File Explorer, copy the IBM i save file to an IFS folder, either an existing folder on the IFS or a new one you will create for this file (You may require assistance from your network administrator if your IBM i IFS is not available in File Explorer or if you are not authorized to folders on the IFS).
5. Now that you have the save file in a folder on the IFS, you must get it to a library on the IBM i. You may have your own instructions for copying a file from the IFS to a library. If not, you can follow the IBM link below for instructions to FTP from the IFS to a save file in QGPL. Its vital to create the save file in QGPL first. Note that save file names have a limit of 10 characters. LANSA recommends the following command CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/LANSAPKG) TEXT('LANSA V14 SP2')
6. Finally, use the LANSA provided instructions to install or Upgrade LANSA.